Monday, September 10, 2012

Another Big Bump in the Road

Okay so it has been awhile. The summer was really busy full of things that did not include training or exercise. I developed plantar fasciitis in my right foot and did not run much. My treadmill is also down for the count as I try to get the belt to stay put and to stop slipping.

Last week I was fitted at Fleet Feet in Blue Ash with a nice new pair of running shoes. Many hours of stretching and rolling my foot on a tennis ball had improved my arch. I went out running on three occasions to much success! I was ready to sign up for a 5k! Too good to be true? Yes!

Saturday night I was chasing after my daughter in my Adidas sandals and my foot turned sideways as I stepped down. I heard a loud pop and I couldn't stand up. A day later it was super swollen. Unable to bear weight in it I am now limping about in an air cast. I am going to find an orthopedist this week to go see. I have no idea when I will be able to run or bike. On the bright side I am sure I can still swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment