Thursday, May 31, 2012

Back To The Daily Grind!

My first triathlon was such an amazing experience and the feeling of accomplishment carried through the entire holiday weekend, and all of the Memorial Day weekend picnics.  After a weekend of barbecues and desserts I was feeling a little full and it was time to get back to the gym Tuesday morning.  I woke up really early before the kids were awake and before the babysitting room at the gym opens.  I spent this time cleaning up the dishes from the party the night before and getting some much needed laundry done.  The job of a mom-triathlete is never finished!

While I worked around the quiet house I thought about what laid ahead of me.  I had accomplished the goal that I had worked towards all winter.  Now what?  Was I finished with triathlon?  Could I find the motivation to do another one?

When the kids woke up I got them dressed and fed and headed to the gym.  I decided that doing was better than thinking.  I checked them in to the babysitting room and headed to the treadmill.  It decided to run one mile intervals with three minute walks in between.  I used this a lot as a way to run my miles faster.  It is a mental game with me.  Running at a 6.0 mph pace seems hard on the treadmill if I think I am going to run four miles, but not so bad if I am only running one.

After my third mile Erin came out of class with a few other runners that joined me on the treadmill.  The conversation urged me to go another two and all of the talk was about our race this past weekend.  Erin wants to do another one soon and so do I.  It sounds to me like I need to find another race to sign up for soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment